Come experience our winning techniques and recipes in this full hands on,tell all experience from the Mid Atlantic BBQ Association Team of the year with 10 Grand Championships under our belt.
- (Cooking for 4 years – 45 comps)
- KCBS top 20 Team
- 2014 MABA Team of the Year
- 97.7% Win Money Rate
- 10 Grand Championships
- 9 Reserve Championships
- 42 Top 10 finishes
- 17 1st place Category Wins
- 146 Calls
- 3x Participant at the Jack Daniels World Championships
- Sam’s Club National finalist
This class will cover the full gamut of KCBS style competition BBQ
using the system taught by Pitmaster Michael Fay.
This will be a full hands on, tell all experience , nothing will be held back. We’ll discuss all gamuts of competition BBQ from A to Z.
We will prepare all injections, rubs and sauces onsite.
Students will trim, prep, cut, box
and sample all 4 of the KCBS meats.
Foundation + Recipes + Techniques = Winning!
- Cost is $600 per student (spouse $200)
- Location: Firecraft BBQ, 1028 Saunders Lane, West Chester, PA 19380
- Full tell all class: Techniques, injections, rubs, sauces, toys, boxes (no hold backs)
- Hands on – everyone gets dirty!
- Class begins at 11am on Saturday and will break for dinner about 5pm (depending on questions)
- Sunday the class will follow the complete KCBS timeline formally ending around 2:00 but Michael will stay until all questions are answered.
- Bulk of the class will be held indoors; cooking will be done on the Aprokalypse Now Competition Rig
- Due to the class being hands on, class size is limited to 25 students
- Sign ups close Monday, March 17th, prepayment is required to reserve a seat.
- No refunds after March 17th.
Comments from the January Class
“If you are looking at doing a class then this is the one to take. Mike didn’t hold back with valuable tips, tricks and tools of the “trade”. We came away know it was money well spent.”
“What I now tell you is absolutely true. This class taught by Michael Fay is a 100% tell all class. The hands on teaching trimming meats and cutting them for boxing. Plus much more, is unmatched by any other class at this price-point. We have taken 2 other classes by nationally known bbq teams and they don’t even come close to Aporkalypse Now BBQ. We are implementing the entire program for 2015 and expect to have numerous walks with a GC and/or RsvGC.”
“If you are on any fence about taking a class, you will want to be in this one! Like Bill says, hands on for everything as far as prepping, injecting, slicing and dicing! Aside from learning how to cook great, the amount of tips and tricks will floor you! Recipes (and why certain products are used over others) are all there. Very methodical, and he maximizes the time spent in all areas. Be there, or Be square!!!”
“The class was great, from the tell all information, to the nuggets of information, it was very informative. A tremendous value for a hands on, tell all class.”
Click here to sign up online or you can send a check payable to Michael Fay to
Aporkalypse Now Class
C/O Michael Fay
7416 Jervis Street
Springfield, VA 22151
Hotels Near Firecraft
Holiday Inn Express Exton-Lionville
120 North Pottstown Pike
Exton, PA 19341
Sheraton Great Valley Hotel
707 East Lancaster Avenue
Frazer, PA 19355
Hampton Inn Philadelphia/Great Valley/Malvern
635 Lancaster Avenue
Frazer, PA 19355