2017 APORKALYPSE NOW COMPETITION BBQ Classes
January 28-29 in Maryland and March 18-19 in Virginia
Come experience our winning techniques and recipes in this full hands on,tell all experience from the 2014 Mid Atlantic BBQ Association Team of the year with 16 Grand Championships under our belt.
- (Cooking for 4 years – 56 comps)
- 2014 KCBS top 20 Team
- 2014 MABA Team of the Year
- 97.7% Win Money Rate
- 16 Grand Championships
- 13 Reserve Championships
- 48 Top 10 finishes
- 29 1st place Category Wins
- 198 Calls
- 5x Participant at the Jack Daniels World Championships
- 2x Sam’s Club National finalist
- KCBS 700 Club member
- KCBS 180 Club Member (3)
This class will cover the full gamut of KCBS style competition BBQ
using the system taught by Pitmaster Michael Fay.
This will be a full hands on, tell all experience , nothing will be held back.
We’ll discuss all gamuts of competition BBQ from A to Z.
We will prepare all injections, rubs and sauces onsite.
Students will trim, prep, cut, box
and sample all 4 of the KCBS meats.
Foundation + Recipes + Techniques = Winning!
- Cost is $600 per student (spouse $200)
- Location: 1501 Bayview Drive Havre De Grace, MD (January) & 7416 Jervis Street Springfield, VA (March)
- Full tell all class: Techniques, injections, rubs, sauces, toys, boxes (no hold backs)
- Hands on – everyone gets dirty!
- Class begins at 11am on Saturday and will break for dinner about 5pm (depending on questions)
- Sunday the class will follow the complete KCBS timeline formally ending around 2:00 but Michael will stay until all questions are answered.
- Bulk of the class will be held indoors; cooking will be done on the Aprokalypse Now Competition Rig
- Due to the class being hands on, class size is limited to 25 students
- Sign ups close the Tuesday prior to the classes, prepayment is required to reserve a seat.
- No refunds . If you are unable to attend you can roll over to the next class or discuss your situation on a case by case basis.
Comments from previews Classes
“If you are looking at doing a class then this is the one to take. Mike didn’t hold back with valuable tips, tricks and tools of the “trade”. We came away know it was money well spent.”
“What I now tell you is absolutely true. This class taught by Michael Fay is a 100% tell all class. The hands on teaching trimming meats and cutting them for boxing. Plus much more, is unmatched by any other class at this price-point. We have taken 2 other classes by nationally known bbq teams and they don’t even come close to Aporkalypse Now BBQ. We are implementing the entire program for 2015 and expect to have numerous walks with a GC and/or RsvGC.”